Stay Safe on the Road during the Holiday Season
Tartack Chiropractic and Wellness Center wants you to stay safe during holiday road trips this winter. Being educated in how to avoid injury as well as when to seek care after an injury can help you during the holiday season this year.
Driving Safely in Adverse Conditions
Here in Ft. Lauderdale, our temperatures may be warm enough, but in other parts of the country winter is cold and dangerous. If you're going on a long car trip to a place where snow and ice is common, follow these tips:
- Check your tires for snow and ice-worthiness before you leave.
- Slow down on ice and snow.
- If you skid on the ice, don't put on your brakes. Allow yourself to slow down gradually.
- Have old windshield wipers replaced before you leave. Windshield wipers that are so-so in rain will do even more poorly in snow.
- Keep your travel plans flexible so you can defer your trip by a few days if a snowstorm hits.
Recognizing Symptoms of Car Accident Injuries
Hopefully you won't be in an accident this winter, but if you are, it's important that you're able to recognize the symptoms of whiplash. If you develop whiplash, you'll feel pain and tenderness in your neck and shoulders. You may find it difficult to turn your head or bend your neck. In addition, you may experience the following problems:
- Lack of focus
- Poor memory
Luckily, whiplash is treatable with chiropractic care. If you're in a car accident this winter contact Tartack Chiropractic and Wellness Center, we're proud to be a Ft. Lauderdale auto accident chiropractor. We treat all our patients with chiropractic methods like spinal adjustment, massage therapy, stretches and exercise, nutritional counseling and more. Call us today to make your first appointment.